“Weird things draw your attention. Little things can be memorable. Make people do a double-take.” -Pete Slosberg from Pete’s Wicked Ale
Pete shared his knowledge and experience during his session on guerrilla marketing. Wise words from an accomplished industry member.
Another great quote from today was from the Beer Media in a Changing World session. Panelists were asked what they were excited about and looking forward to in the industry. Speaker Tara Nurin from Forbes responded, “I’m excited about the increase in the level of diversity in the beer industry.” We couldn’t agree more.
Day 2 of the 4th Annual Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference was packed with speakers, including our opening keynote, Dr. Neil Reid, sponsors, breakout sessions, food, and drinks. Pictures are worth 1,000 words, so here are some of the highlights from the day in pictures.
- Opening Keynote – Collaborating to Compete: Working Together to Enhance Beer Tourism
- All-Group Session: Beer Media in a Changing World
- Modern Guerrilla Marketing with Pete Slosberg of Pete’s Wicked Ale
- Lunch Hosted by Visit St. Pete/Clearwater (Grand Bay Ballroom): Meet our hosts, enjoy a buffet lunch and try some local brews from Cage Brewing, Crooked Thumb Brewery, and Dunedin Brewery!
- Industry Update from Etix
- Breakout Sessions #1
- Beer Tourism: CBTOA Annual Meeting
- Marketing: Beer Marketing – Let’s Get Real
- Events: Filling Your Event With the Casual Beer Drinker
- Breakout Sessions #2
- Beer Tourism: Brewery Tours That Work for Your Customers and You
- Marketing: Achieving Growth in the Craft Beer Industry
- Events: The Evolution of Beer Events
- Breakout Sessions #3
- Dinner & Drinks at The Ale and The Witch
- $5 happy hour ends at 6:00 PM, but show your conference badge and receive $1 off all pints from then until close (11:00 PM)