Zephyr Conferences, which currently operates five conferences each year in the wine, beer, and food industries is hiring for a 1/2 time or full time, work-from-home position for its two beer industry conferences: the Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference and the Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference.
If working 1/2 time, the candidate will handle the following for both conferences:
- Marketing: Includes primarily database management, email marketing, social media marketing, and partnerships.
- Website Update and News Blog Posts: Keeping the websites up to date and writing posts for the News pages.
- Content & Speakers: Conducting a call for content, determining agenda content, and confirming speakers.
If the successful candidate and Zephyr Conferences agree to a full-time position, the job will also include:
- Sponsorship sales for both conferences.
- Securing the host city and hotel for the conferences each year.
Zephyr Conferences is a virtual company with everyone working from home. The successful candidate should have a home office and be able to travel to both beer conferences, attend Zephyr’s annual retreat in January, and potentially attend Zephyr’s food and wine conferences. The position pays $50,000 to $60,000 annually (full-time), offers flexible work hours and liberal vacation time, and has the possibility of earning a substantial bonus based on performance of the conferences and the individual. Unfortunately, no additional benefits are provided. In addition, the successful candidate will have a significant contribution to the success and future direction of both beer conferences. Please note the successful candidate will very likely reside in the US since that is where most of our attendees live.
Qualified candidates will have these skills:
- At least two years beer industry experience, ideally with connections to a variety of industry players
- At least two years experience with email and social media marketing, including familiarity with databases
- Very organized, productive, and self-motivated
- Excellent communicator via email, phone, and written word
Please do not apply if you do not have these credentials. The deadline for applying is November 30. To apply, please fill out the application below.