There is no other conference like the Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference (BMTC). That’s why we created one.
The BMTC is purposely built as a boutique conference that offers niche content and ample time and space to network with peers in your industries.
Now with over 7,300 breweries in the United States and the number exploding throughout the world, competition for tap room visitors and shelf space is becoming intense. Perhaps more importantly, the double-digit growth figures for craft beer the industry experienced for over a decade are now over. Beer tourism and beer marketing are increasingly becoming of strategic importance. If you are not engaging in these crucial aspects of the industry, you are losing ground to your competitors.
Attendees & Networking
- Brewery marketing, tap room, and events managers
- Brewery Guilds who are moving beyond legislative affairs to focus on marketing their region as a beer tourism destination
- Destination Management Organizations (DMOs) who are tasked with increasing the number of butts in seats, bodies in beds, and inquiring minds at area attractions, all of which can be increased via beer tourism
- Tour operators, travel agencies, transportation companies, and event planners who provide beer tourism offerings to the public
- Marketing agencies interested in serving the beer industry
- Academics and students from university beer business programs
- Media and bloggers who write about beer and tourism
Networking takes place throughout the conference but specifically at three-hour Summits in which industry segments get together for unscripted group communication. The Summits are always among the highest rated aspects of the conference and worth the price of admission alone.
We expect from 250 – 350 people at the 2020 conference, making it large enough to be valuable networking and small enough to meet your peers and not get lost in the crowd.
Content & Speakers
The Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference (BMTC) provides hard information about the important and growing functions of beer marketing and beer tourism that you can bring home to both grow and improve your local offerings. Content includes:
- The three-hour Summits
- Breakout sessions in three tracts (Beer Tourism, Marketing, and Events) including subjects such as social media, digital marketing, tap room management, events, brewery tours, promoting beer tourism, and more
- Cross-industry speakers for all-group sessions so information is applicable no matter your background
What is Included?
- Great content and speakers
- One lunch included in the conference price thanks to Visit St. Pete / Clearwater
- Opening reception including an opportunity to pour your beer at no cost if you are one of the first 30 brewery guilds or register 2 people from your DMO to attend
- Beer marketing and tourism trade show
- Optional evening activities
- Networking opportunities during sessions, meals, and events
Now approaching our fourth year, here’s where we’ve held the BMTC the first three years:
- 2019 Boise, ID: Agenda, Sponsors
- 2018 Burlington, VT: Agenda, Sponsors
- 2017 Asheville, NC: Agenda, Sponsors
Join us February 4 – 6, 2020 in St. Petersburg, Florida for the fourth annual Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference.