Hotel Vermont is pulling out all the stops, and the sheets, and the glassware, and gastronomic delights, as they are hosting a unique Beer Pairing Dinner in conjunction with the Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference in Burlington.
So just what is this incredible dinner and Hotel Vermont all about? The dinner is the collective brainchild of Hotel Vermont’s Beer Concierge Matt Canning and Executive Chef Doug Paine, who thoughtfully paired some of Vermont’s most sought-after beer with the best seasonal and creative dishes available. This five course meal will include dishes inspired by ingredients and techniques used in brewing alongside beers ranging a full spectrum of styles and flavors. The evening will include a discussion about the history and furture of Vermont beer culture and tourism, with special guests appearances from some of our favorite Vermont brewers!
And there is no better place for this to happen than at Hotel Vermont, an independent, community-focused hotel right on Cherry St. Hotel Vermont opened in 2013 as Burlington’s only independent community based hotel and over the past five years it has been recognized as one of the country’s premier destinations for beer tourism, as highlighted by the Beer Concierge Program.
Tickets for the beer dinner are still available. Here’s the menu:
- Menu (vegetarian menu available upon request):
- First Course:
- Finn and Roots lettuce, radish, dry hopped sherry vinaigrette, grapefruit
- Frost Beer Works, Lush, Double IPA – Hinesburg, VT
- Second Course
- Roasted carrot soup, Ploughgate creamery buttermilk, malted birch syrup, sunflower cave aged cheese frico
- Hill Farmstead, Florence, Farmstead Wheat Ale – Greensboro, VT
- Third Course
- Maple miso glazed pork belly, kimchi coleslaw, pickled French fries
- Foley Brother, Maple Brown, Imperial Brown Ale with VT Maple Syrup, Brandon, VT
- Fourth Course
- Corned beef short rib, pumpernickel gratin, Heady Topper mustard braised sauerkraut
- Zero Gravity, Kellerbier, Unfiltered Lager – Burlington, VT
- Butterworks Farm yogurt panna cotta, dried elderberries, toffee granola crisp, puffed rice marshmallow
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Fayston Rum Barrel Aged Stout, Imperial Stout Condition in Rum Barrels – Warren, VT
- First Course: