Zephyr Conferences, which currently operates five conferences each year in the wine, beer, and food industries is hiring for a 1/2 time or full time, work-from-home position for its two beer industry conferences: the Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference and the Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference.
If working 1/2 time, the candidate will handle the following for both conferences:
- Marketing: Includes primarily database management, email marketing, social media marketing, and partnerships.
- Website Update and News Blog Posts: Keeping the websites up to date and writing posts for the News pages.
- Content & Speakers: Conducting a call for content, determining agenda content, and confirming speakers.
If the successful candidate and Zephyr Conferences agree to a full-time position, the job will also include:
- Sponsorship sales for both conferences.
- Securing the host city and hotel for the conferences each year.
Zephyr Conferences is a virtual company with everyone working from home. The successful candidate should have a home office and be able to travel to both beer conferences, attend Zephyr’s annual retreat in January, and potentially attend Zephyr’s food and wine conferences. The position pays $50,000 to $60,000 annually (full-time), offers flexible work hours and liberal vacation time, and has the possibility of earning a substantial bonus based on performance of the conferences and the individual. Unfortunately, no additional benefits are provided. In addition, the successful candidate will have a significant contribution to the success and future direction of both beer conferences. Please note the successful candidate will very likely reside in the US since that is where most of our attendees live.
Qualified candidates will have these skills:
- At least two years beer industry experience, ideally with connections to a variety of industry players
- At least two years experience with email and social media marketing, including familiarity with databases
- Very organized, productive, and self-motivated
- Excellent communicator via email, phone, and written word
Please do not apply if you do not have these credentials. The deadline for applying is November 30. To apply, please fill out the application below.
Lecia Hauer says
It was recommend by a colleague who is in the beer industry to apply for this position because of my Marketing, PR, event planning experience. I would value the opportunity to send you my resume and discuss this role further. In past corporate positions I have hosted corporate events, galas, and trips for business partners. Currently working with the American Cancer Society lends me the ability to coordinate events, work with volunteers and lead successful fundraising events. I am an excellent negotiator, net-worker and a true wine connoisseur who would be overjoyed to represent this industry.
I look forward to speaking with you on the position.
Lecia, thank you for your interest. To apply, fill out the online form.
Mark Colburn says
Hello Alan, I just saw this ad and realize that it ended on 11/30. Are you still accepting applications? I have 25 years in the beverage alcohol industry with the past 15 years as DBI Beverages’ San Francisco Marketing Manager. I’m also the author of, “Craft Beer Marketing & Distribution – Brace for SKUMeggedon.” Please let me know if you’ve already made your hire.
Mark, thanks for your interest in working with us. We did have 80 applicants and worked our way down through multiple interview rounds to one person, to whom we are making an offer. So this job is likely filled. But I would love to talk to you anyway and will send you an email.