In 2018 in partnership with our conference hosts, Vermont Convention Bureau and Vermont Department of Tourism & Marketing, we are offering two optional dinners excursions and one post-conference excursion.
- All 2018 dinner excursions are open only to registered BMTC attendees. The Ski with the Brewers event is open to registered attendees and non-registered family members. Please contact us if you have questions about this.
- If you must cancel your spot, your conference registration fee and excursion fee are 50% refundable through February 6, 2018 and not refundable after that.
Optional Beer Dinners
Beer Pairing Dinner @ Hotel Vermont
Tuesday, March 6, 7:00pm
Join Hotel Vermont’s Beer Concierge Matt Canning, and Executive Chef Doug Paine for an evening of new Vermont cuisine thoughtfully paired with some of Vermont’s most sought after beer. This five course meal will include dishes inspired by ingredients and techniques used in brewing alongside beers ranging a full spectrum of styles and flavors. The evening will include a discussion about the history and future of Vermont beer culture and tourism, with special guests appearances from some of our favorite Vermont brewers!
- Cost: $95 (tax, gratuity, service charge included)
- Max capacity: 50
- Transportation to and from dinner is on your own
- Exclusive to BMTC attendees until February 19
- Click here to register
- Sample Beer Tasting Menu (vegetarian menu available upon request):
- First Course:
- Finn and Roots lettuce, radish, dry hopped sherry vinaigrette, grapefruit
- Frost Beer Works, Lush, Double IPA – Hinesburg, VT
- Second Course
- Roasted carrot soup, Ploughgate creamery buttermilk, malted birch syrup, sunflower cave aged cheese frico
- Hill Farmstead, Florence, Farmstead Wheat Ale – Greensboro, VT
- Third Course
- Maple miso glazed pork belly, kimchi coleslaw, pickled French fries
- Foley Brother, Maple Brown, Imperial Brown Ale with VT Maple Syrup, Brandon, VT
- Fourth Course
- Corned beef short rib, pumpernickel gratin, Heady Topper mustard braised sauerkraut
- Zero Gravity, Kellerbier, Unfiltered Lager – Burlington, VT
- Butterworks Farm yogurt panna cotta, dried elderberries, toffee granola crisp, puffed rice marshmallow
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Fayston Rum Barrel Aged Stout, Imperial Stout Condition in Rum Barrels – Warren, VT
- First Course:
von Trapp Brewing & Bierhall
Wednesday, March 7, 5:30pm
Join us at von Trapp Brewing & Bierhall for an evening of Austrian fare and brews! Action stations will be on the brewery floor and the Bierhall Observation Deck serving appetizers from the Bierhall menu and fresh von Trapp Brewing lagers. You’ll have the chance to meet the brewers and get an up-close look at the operation started by the von Trapp family. (Yes, those von Trapps)
- Cost: $15 (event), $15 (transportation if needed)
- Max capacity: 150
- Pickup: Wednesday, March 7, 5:30pm at DoubleTree by Hilton
- Drop Off: Wednesday, March 7, 9:00pm at DoubleTree by Hilton
- Register here
Ski with the Brewers
Thursday, March 8 – Friday, March 9
Travel to Sugarbush Resort in the Mad River Valley to enjoy a Ski with the Brewers event. Spend the night at the luxurious Clay Brook Hotel & Residences or the quaint Sugarbush Inn, then hit the slopes and explore more than 4000 acres of terrain with local brewers (listed below). Sugarbush recently was voted #1 ski resort in the East by USA Today readers.
- Cost: The per person price includes roundtrip transportation to and from Sugarbush Inn and Clay Brook Hotel & Residences by City Brew Tours Burlington (max 30 people), lodging and breakfast. Prices are inclusive of tax, gratuity and fees.
- Single or Double Occupancy at the Sugarbush Inn: $134.00
- Single or Double Occupancy King Hotel Room at Clay Brook: $340.00
- Lift tickets can be purchased online in advance for a discount. The earlier you buy, the better the discount. Purchase them here.
- Call 802-583-6160 to reserve your room or book online here.
- You’re welcome to bring your own equipment, but if you need to rent equipment, click here for pricing and to reserve your skis or board.
- Pickup: Thursday, March 8, 5:30pm at DoubleTree by Hilton
- Return transportation to DoubleTree in Burlington:
- Friday, March 9, 5:00pm at Sugarbush Resort
- Confirmed brewers to date:
- Sean Lawson – Lawson’s Finest Liquids
- Paul Sayler – Zero Gravity Craft Brewery
- Avery Schwenk – Hermit Thrush Brewery
- David – Whetstone Station
- James Branagan – Whetstone Station
- Steve Parkes – Drop-In Brewery
- Christine Parkes –Drop-In Brewery
- Hailey Goodman – Drop-In Brewery
- Vilija Bizinkauskas – Drop-In Brewery
- Chris Capetz – Goodwater Brewery
- Derek Roberts – Mill River Brewing BBQ & Smokehouse
- Jennifer Quilliam – Mill River Brewing BBQ & Smokehouse
City Brew Tours has been running educational guided brewery tours since 2008. With operations in Burlington, VT, Boston, MA, Washington DC, Philadelphia, PA, Baltimore, MD and Pittsburgh, PA. And as a special for BMTC attendees, City Brew Tours Burlington is offering 10% off their daily beer tours the week of the Conference. Book your tour today! Use code BMTC18
Magic Hat Brewing Company is hosting their annual Mardi Gras the weekend following BMTC18! A tradition for more than 20 years, the event boasts live music, a Kegs & Eggs breakfast, city-wide parade and, of course, beer! If you’re still in town, March 9-10, be sure to check it out! More info here.